Matt’s Meandering Mind on Monday January 7, 2008Posted by Matt in Football, movies, Obama, politics, President 2008, sports.
Tags: Edwards, Football, LSU, Obama, Ohio State, politics, random, The Simpsons
- I got to catch most of the Presidential debates over the weekend and I have to say that they were pretty interesting. Here are a few observations I had of a few of the candidates:
– I get the feeling that, instead of studying up on the issues for the debates, Mike Huckabee spends his time trying to think up clever one-liners.
– In times past he’s just looked like a lost old man but, John McCain is actually starting to seem presidential again. Of course, given his never-wavering support for the war, I could never vote for him, but I can see where he could be appealing to many.
– Mitt Romney did a respectable job of keeping his composure while getting ganged up on by his opponents, but his campaign may be nearing its end following that beat-down.
– Hillary is losing it fast and, no matter how hard she tries, her answers still seem terribly contrived. If she loses New Hampshire tomorrow, this may be the end of the road.
– Is anybody else hoping for an Obama/Edwards ticket? I keep loving Obama more and more everytime I see him and Edwards’ populist message is an excellent one in times as dark as these. I think someone else mentioned this on another blog, but wouldn’t it be something to have a Southern white man as the running mate of an African-American?
In Other News…
- What’s up with showing all of these toilet bowl games (Tulsa vs. Bowling Green in the GMAC Bowl??) in the days before the BCS Championship Game?
- Though the Buckeyes will look more respectable than they did last year against Florida, look for LSU to take them to school on how football is supposed to be played.
- I watched The Simpsons movie over the weekend and it was great, but it did seem like they just took a 30 minute episode and stretched it out over 90 minutes.