Free Music Friday – Eddie Vedder June 19, 2009Posted by Matt in free music friday.
Tags: Eddie Vedder, live, solo, video
add a comment
I’ve been a big fan of Pearl Jam ever since I first heard them some 17-18 years ago (really!? It’s been that long!?) and I’ve had the chance to catch them twice in concert over the years – in ’93 on the Vs. tour and again in ’01 in support of Binaural – and I’ve been itching to see them again for years. So, it was with a great deal of excitement that I picked up tickets a few months ago for an Eddie Vedder solo show set to take place tomorrow night here in Memphis. We are one of only 18 solo shows that are scheduled for 2009, so this is a rare opportunity and one that I could not pass up.
His setlist from the June 11 show in Upper Darby, PA looked great:
Walking the Cow
Around the Bend
I Am Mine
Man of the Hour
You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away
The Kids are Alright
Throw Your Arms Around Me
And here is a bit of what we can expect tomorrow…this is going to be awesome.
Free Music Friday – Going Solo April 17, 2009Posted by Matt in free music friday.
Tags: Eddie Vedder, Guaranteed, Into the Wild, video
Tomorrow tickets go on sale for another show coming to Memphis and I really want to go, despite the expensive ticket price. The star of this June 20 show is none other than Eddie Vedder, the lead singer of Pearl Jam and one of my favorite bands of all time. Now, I’ve had the chance to see PJ twice (1993 and 2000), but seeing Vedder solo would be a special treat. Today’s video is a song from the Vedder-composed Into The Wild Soundtrack. Enjoy.
Matt’s Meandering Mind on Monday April 13, 2009Posted by Matt in Matt's Meandering Mind on Monday.
Tags: easter, Eddie Vedder, family, Monday, search terms, sick child, top posts
add a comment
I’m trying to get caught up at work today after being out three days last week, but there are a few things on my mind this rainy Monday…
- Our oldest child, Rachel, is sick and feverish, so I took one for the team yesterday and stayed home from Easter worship to keep her. Today the fever had not yet abated, so Diana took her to the doctor this morning.
- The girls had a great time at my parents’ home in Beebe hunting for Easter eggs and eating bucketfuls of sugar in the forms of jellybeans and chocolate.
- The garden work has gone slowly so far due to the lack of able bodied workers on nice days and to the torrential rainfall on other days. If we can get a few dry days in a row, I’ll spend every moment of spare time getting our plot ready for the summer.
- I learned late last week of yet another great concert coming to Memphis in the near future – Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam will be playing a solo show here on June 20. So, due to a lack of financial resources and a high ticket price, I’m trying to figure out how much my bodily organs may go for on the black market. If you have any idea, let me know.
And just for fun here are the top five Words of Wisdom posts from the past week:
5. Resurrection Rumination
4. Hail to the Boss!
3. Hillary Clinton and the Bible Code
2. Anomaly Awareness
1. The Case Against Lads to Leaders
And the top five search terms that brought web surfers to my site:
5. influenza virus
4. toy store
3. matt wisdom wordpress
2. lads to leaders
1. Ethiopian food