Matt’s Meandering Mind on Monday April 13, 2009Posted by Matt in Matt's Meandering Mind on Monday.
Tags: easter, Eddie Vedder, family, Monday, search terms, sick child, top posts
add a comment
I’m trying to get caught up at work today after being out three days last week, but there are a few things on my mind this rainy Monday…
- Our oldest child, Rachel, is sick and feverish, so I took one for the team yesterday and stayed home from Easter worship to keep her. Today the fever had not yet abated, so Diana took her to the doctor this morning.
- The girls had a great time at my parents’ home in Beebe hunting for Easter eggs and eating bucketfuls of sugar in the forms of jellybeans and chocolate.
- The garden work has gone slowly so far due to the lack of able bodied workers on nice days and to the torrential rainfall on other days. If we can get a few dry days in a row, I’ll spend every moment of spare time getting our plot ready for the summer.
- I learned late last week of yet another great concert coming to Memphis in the near future – Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam will be playing a solo show here on June 20. So, due to a lack of financial resources and a high ticket price, I’m trying to figure out how much my bodily organs may go for on the black market. If you have any idea, let me know.
And just for fun here are the top five Words of Wisdom posts from the past week:
5. Resurrection Rumination
4. Hail to the Boss!
3. Hillary Clinton and the Bible Code
2. Anomaly Awareness
1. The Case Against Lads to Leaders
And the top five search terms that brought web surfers to my site:
5. influenza virus
4. toy store
3. matt wisdom wordpress
2. lads to leaders
1. Ethiopian food