Random Five (+1) – James Cameron Movies January 4, 2010Posted by Matt in Random Five.
Tags: Aliens, James Cameron, Terminator 2, The Abyss, The Terminator, Titanic, True Lies
add a comment
This list is based on one my good friend Ryan made on Facebook in which he ranked the films directed by James Cameron. Ryan had just seen Avatar and wasn’t too impressed with it, placing it in the middle of Cameron’s past projects, but that was not the worst of his transgressions. His choices were so troublesome that I took it upon myself to accuse him of relinquishing his manhood because he placed Titanic at the top of Cameron’s films. Yes, you read that correctly, he ranked Titanic at the very top.
Now, I haven’t seen Avatar yet, but I thought I would do my own ranking of his films for you tonight. Let me know what you think.
6. Titanic – A titanic waste of three hours. L.A. Confidential got robbed at the Academy Awards.
5. True Lies – I really don’t remember that much about this movie, except that it wasn’t bad and that it is one of the few post T2 Schwarzenegger films worth seeing.
4. The Abyss – Another movie that I haven’t seen in a really long time, but I thought it was pretty cool as a teenager.
3. The Terminator – The original Terminator was a truly awesome thing back in the 1980′s and it set a new bar action films. This was Schwarzenegger’s first movie that was actually good.
2. Terminator 2 – The rare sequel that is actually better than the original, T2 was the standard for summer blockbusters back in the early 1990′s. It’s special effects were a thing to behold back then and they still astound today.
1. Aliens – Another rare sequel that is on par with the original, Aliens took the horror elements of the first film and turned them into an action spectacle that is not at all dated, even 23 years later.
As I mentioned in the comments on Ryan’s status, perhaps for his next project Cameron should just combine his films together into one big movie. He could have the terminator battling aliens on the Titanic in 3D. Also, Celine Dion would get implanted with an alien egg and her chest would explode in a big bloody mess. Now that would be a great movie.