300K March 30, 2011Posted by Matt in blog.
Tags: 300K hits, blog, top posts
At some point today my humble blog, Words of Wisdom, will cross the 300,000 hit threshold.
I’m very grateful for all of you that make the time to come by my little corner of the interwebs to read and comment on my ramblings. This is the outlet for my introverted personality and it really means a lot to me.
I moved this blog from Yahoo 3060 to WordPress in November 2007 and since then the readership has steadily grown, from around 30 hits per day to this month in which I have reached a new average record high of more than 500 per day. I’m humbled that you would choose to spend a few minutes of your day with me.
It’s been a lot of fun and again, I’m very thankful for all of you and hope you will continue reading.
When looking at the most popular entries on the blog, it quickly becomes apparent that some of the top ones were probably stumbled across – i.e. the 2008 blog wishing my mom a happy birthday that is the second most looked at page of all time (behind the home page). When cutting out some of these extraneous entries, here are ten of the most looked at pieces to appear on Words of Wisdom over the past 3+ years.
10. For the Love of Food
9. Losing My Religion – the Series
8. Ode to my Empty Office
7. God, Eddie Vedder, and a Dark and Lonely Road
6. The Watchmen and Morality
5. Thanksgiving with an Alien
4. On Watching Star Wars
3. The Case Against Lads to Leaders
2. It’s (Probably) a Boy!
1. Hillary Clinton and the Bible Code
Don’t ask me why so many people were searching for Hillary Clinton and the Bible Code…
Matt’s Meandering Mind on Monday April 13, 2009Posted by Matt in Matt's Meandering Mind on Monday.
Tags: easter, Eddie Vedder, family, Monday, search terms, sick child, top posts
add a comment
I’m trying to get caught up at work today after being out three days last week, but there are a few things on my mind this rainy Monday…
- Our oldest child, Rachel, is sick and feverish, so I took one for the team yesterday and stayed home from Easter worship to keep her. Today the fever had not yet abated, so Diana took her to the doctor this morning.
- The girls had a great time at my parents’ home in Beebe hunting for Easter eggs and eating bucketfuls of sugar in the forms of jellybeans and chocolate.
- The garden work has gone slowly so far due to the lack of able bodied workers on nice days and to the torrential rainfall on other days. If we can get a few dry days in a row, I’ll spend every moment of spare time getting our plot ready for the summer.
- I learned late last week of yet another great concert coming to Memphis in the near future – Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam will be playing a solo show here on June 20. So, due to a lack of financial resources and a high ticket price, I’m trying to figure out how much my bodily organs may go for on the black market. If you have any idea, let me know.
And just for fun here are the top five Words of Wisdom posts from the past week:
5. Resurrection Rumination
4. Hail to the Boss!
3. Hillary Clinton and the Bible Code
2. Anomaly Awareness
1. The Case Against Lads to Leaders
And the top five search terms that brought web surfers to my site:
5. influenza virus
4. toy store
3. matt wisdom wordpress
2. lads to leaders
1. Ethiopian food