Matt’s Meandering Mind on Monday March 21, 2011Posted by Matt in Matt's Meandering Mind on Monday.
Tags: family, Lent, music, NCAA Tournament, visiting home
add a comment
So, the weekend’s over and a new week is upon us. Here is what’s happening in the world of the Wisdoms.
- We visited my famiily over the weekend to celebrate both our daughter’s 6th birthday and my dad’s birthday. It was great to be with family and we even got to squeeze in one of our regular games of Trivial Pursuit. Saturday night Diana and I drove to the house of some friends whom we haven’t seen in a very long time and visited with them until 1:00am the next morning. Good times.
- We went to the local Church of Christ on Sunday morning with my family and though things have improved there a great deal over the past year or so, I’m more confident than ever that we made the right decision to move on. We joked on the way to church about how hard it would be to keep from kneeling during prayers and crossing ourselves.
- I think I may work on a series soon about my personal theology. It may not be of much interest to many of you, but I think it would be good for me to write it down.
- My NCAA Tournament prognostication skills are not all that great, but I do have to say that I’m not doing terrible yet either. Sure, I missed the Morehead State pick and I didn’t have teams like VCU, Richmond, and Marquette in the Sweet Sixteen, but all of my Final Four picks are still alive (Kansas, Ohio St, UConn, and Wisconsin) so that’s a major plus.
-As I mentioned before, I took the words of Patrick the priest seriously regarding Lent and I’ve been listening to one complete album each day in order to enhance the joy in my life. Here is a list of what I have chosen so far.
1. Bob Marley – Legend
2. Johnny Cash – Unchained
3. Phish – Billy Breathes
4. Neko Case – Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
5. Passenger Jones – Float Slowly
6. John Coltrane – A Love Supreme
7. The Avett Brothers – Emotionalism
8. Radiohead – OK Computer
9. Grateful Dead – Reckoning
10. Wilco – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11. Pearl Jam – Backspacer
12. Bob Dylan – Time Out of Mind
Any suggestions for what else should be on the schedule?
- Today our babysitter called in sick, so I stayed home from work and kept JD. It’s been a good guy-only day around our house!